When visiting a website, cookies are generated. We talk about small text files that are saved to your computer. When a user returns to a website already visited, the browser retrieves the saved cookies and sends them to the server.
Coockies allow access to various website functions for a good user experience. Moreover, they inform website managers on the user’s surfing behavior.
In accordance with law number 229 of May 8th 2014 and the data privacy authority SiMedia informs on cookies, it’s functions and an eventual deactivation
In the following paragraph we list the macro-categories of cookies that are different in its characteristics and functions:
- Technical cookies are subdivided into three groups:a) Essential cookies
This type of cookies allows the website navigation and the usage of the most important functions. The cookies are installed as soon as a users request is processed. A request can be a regstration, a log-in, etc. These cookies are mandatory.
b) Functional cookies
This type of cookies remembers you when you turn back to the website. The cookies allow us to create a better user experience on our website. We could therefore greet you by using your name, we remember your language and region. The cookies collect anonymous information and do save your surfing behavior only on this website and do not transmit data to other websites.
c) Performance Cookies
By using analysis- and performance cookies we can collect data that indicates the user’s behavior on the website. We can therefore track loading time and when using different browsers detect eventual errors and optimize the website functions. We do use analytical third party cookies to retrieve information on the number of users and website accesses (such as Google Ads). In this case we’d like to advise on the provider’ policy.The usage of essential, functional, performance cookies happens without any additional confirm as they are seen as technical cookies. Anyway you can set your browser settings in order that those types of cookies are deactivated. In case technical cookies are deactivated, specific functions won’t be available anymore.
- Navigation- and usage cookies are applied for offering navigation and website usage
- Publishing cookies and profilingThis type of cookies (publishing- and retargeting cookies) save your visit of this website and all additionally visited websites and links. We use this information for adapting advertising campaigns to your needs and interests. This kind of information is further used for defining the frequency of ads and measuring the effectiveness of the campaign. For this scope the information can be transferred to third parties.
We inform the user that the website does also use third party cookies. Third party cookies can be installed directly by our business partners or third parties where we only act as intermediate.
This website uses technical cookies. Moreover, a third-party cookie is used on this website. This is the Google Analytics cookie and is used for statistical scope (tracking the number of visits, browser type detection, etc.). The Google Analytics cookie exclusively contains encrypted data, no personal information. If, however, you do not want to provide your consent to save this cookies, you can download the additional component relative to your browser to deactivate Google Analytics by clicking on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to deactivate the cookies?
As required by law, we explicitly inform visitors on cookies. Please note that most browsers accept cookies automatically. If, however, you do not want to consent to the usage of cookies, you can delete and/or deactivate them. In order to do this, some of the browser settings must be modified. Below we explain how to modify cookie settings on your browser. However, we ask you to take into consideration that it is not possible to use the entire range of functions if the cookies are deactivated.
- Open the Chrome browser
- Click on the menu button
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click on “Content settings”
- Now, you can eliminate or block cookies in the “Cookie” section
- Click on “OK”
For further information, go to: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Open the Internet Explorer browser
- Click on the Settings button
- Click on “Internet Options”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Move the slide bar to the desired privacy level (to block all cookies, slide to the top; to enable all cookies, slide to the bottom)
- Click on “OK“
For further information, go to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Open the Firefox browser
- Click on the Menu button
- Click on “Options”
- Click on the “Privacy” section
- From the drop-down menu of the “Chronology” section, select “Use custom settings”
- Remove the check mark from “Accept cookies from sites”
- Click on “OK”
For further information, go to: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Open the Safari browser
- Click on “Preferences”
- Click on “Privacy”
- In the “Cookies and other website data” section, define how Safari must behave with cookies
- Click on “Details” to obtain further information on the cookies that are saved by your computer
For further information, go to: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US